Sunday, November 25, 2018

Barre at the Landing YMCA



Wednesday was the day before Thanksgiving, and it was a teachers compensation day from conferences (we work 1.5 days for two days to accommodate conferences, then have the day before Thanksgiving off).

I attended at Barre class.  I've always wanted to try, so I was happy when I saw a class scheduled for that day.

It was a decent workout.   Here are things that are different from a regular ballet class.

OK, it isn't really like a ballet class at all, except that you do hold a barre and do some tendu/leg points and battements/kicks.

But it was fun, and the music is modern and fun.

We used these big, squishy balls as resistance between our legs that I was certain I would pop with my thighs,  but somehow I didn't. 

I'll be looking to do this class again.  I just need to find a night I can go.

Oh...and the BEST thing?  Because I coach gymnastics at the Y, I get a free membership.  And classes are included in the membership.  So the class was free!


No comments:

Post a Comment