Sunday, November 18, 2018

Yin Yoga

I tried Yin Yoga today.

I understood that it would be a deep-stretching restorative practice.

It was 90 minutes, and unheated.

The most appealing thing to me, honestly, was that it was unheated.  I hate being hot.

I mean, I live in Maine!

It was deeply relaxing.  Today's practice was focused on the lower back.  

The one that KILLED me was "saddle pose"


The insides of my knees felt like they had been split open.  There was no warning.  I did not know that my body couldn't do that, nor did I anticipate that it would be a no go.  

This "Setu Bandha Sarvangasana" was not a friend either.



That's ok.  I'll just try a different style next time.

But I DID reach my goal of organized exercise again today.  That's two days!


No comments:

Post a Comment